Installing VMWare Server on Feisty [Part zéro]
I’ve actually been getting a lot of hits (OK fine – my only hits) about this and upon re-reading I made a few assumptions about getting VM in the first place.
So this is part zero, the bit before what I previously wrote.
- Head on over to VMWare Server page found here
- Click the Download of VMware Server 1.0.2
- Download the tar.gz of VMware Server for Linux (BTW its a little over 100MB)/li>
- Whilst that’s downloading, go register here
- Once it finishes downloading, which depending on your link speed could take a while, let’s unpack it.
tar -zxvf VMware-server-1.0.2-39867.tar.gz(Remember just type tar -zxvf VM then hit tab to complete)
- Run the installer:
- When it asks:
Before running VMware Server for the first time, you need to configure it by invoking the following command: “/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl”. Do you want this program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]
- Now do what I mentioned in my previous post
And once it all finishes you should have a working VMWare Server under Feisty!